How to set up commission tiers
Go to Settings > General > Commission Tiers and click on the Setup button. Here you'll find the following options:
- Turn the tier commission ON
Check this box to activate the feature
- Allow commission tiers to be changed automatically
Check this box if you want the tiers to change automatically. If not enabled you need to do this manually.
Reset tiers periodically
With this option, you have the possibility to reset the tiers in a given time frame so they will be changed back again to the first tier and start from new going up.
- Enable periodical reset
Check this box to activate this feature
- Reset tiers on the
Define on which day of the month the tier will be reset
Define how often the tiers will be reset. You have the following options:
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
Show the commission tiers to your affiliates
Reset all affiliates to their current tiers
In case you've manually changed the commission for your affiliates (e.g. for a promotion like 'Double commission for this weekend only') you can reset this change.
Click the button Reset commission to rest the commission tiers for all affiliates. This will set them back to their current tiers before the manual change.
Set/Edit the Commission Tiers
In this section, you can set and edit the commission tiers. Tiers are created from low to high which means the higher tier must be at the bottom.
⚠️ The starting tier must the first position in the chart, with your set default commission.
Click the button Add new to create your first commission tier or click the ✎ symbol on the right side to edit an existing tier and set the following options:
Define a name for the tier, e.g. '1st tier'
Set the commission type of the tier. You have the following options:
- Number of purchases
- Total sales amount
- Referred visitors
Define when the tier is reached and set a number: equals or more than
- New Commission
Define the new commission when the condition set is reached. You have the following options:
- code %
- email %
Click the button Save to save your changes.
💡 To move tiers just click on the ⇵ symbol to change its position. If you want to remove a tier, simply click on the X and confirm with the OK button in the pop-up window.
Tiers with different tracking methods
If you're using several tracking methods (link, coupon, email) and want to change the commission structure for all of them, you need to create the tiers for each method. In the example above you see two tiers with the same condition as the starting tier, each one changing a different commission type.
Tiers with periodical tier reset disabled
- The default commission is 5%
- When an affiliate reaches a total sales amount of
- $ 1000+ our app moves this affiliate to the tier amount 1000 and the commission will be changed to 10%. This means that for all new incoming referrals the commission will be 10% instead of 5%.
- $ 2000+ our app moves this affiliate to the tier amount 2000 and the commission will be changed to 15%. This means that for all new incoming referrals the commission will be 15% instead of 10%.
- $ 3000+ our app moves this affiliate to the tier amount 3000 and the commission will be changed to 25%. This means that for all new incoming referrals the commission will be 25% instead of 15%.
Tiers with periodical tier reset enabled
When the periodic tier rest is enabled you must create your reset starting tier in which the affiliate will be moved back to start again. In the example above the affiliates will receive a commission of 5% after the reset.
⚠️ The set tier commissions will only take place for new referrals. Past referrals won't be considered!